Trailbreak Partners makes equity investments in small operating companies and provides hands-on strategic and financial assistance and guidance to owners of businesses that are in growth mode or are in need of a turnaround. Our principals seek to be a value-added partner bringing thought leadership and strategic expertise and investing alongside good managers and proven operators. Our principals are serial entrepreneurs and investors having invested in and operated private companies from a wide range of industries. These backgrounds allow us to bring a wealth of “in the trenches” expertise and an extensive network of industry relationships to our investments.
We seek investments where ownership and leadership dynamics present the opportunity to create value through operational, financial, and strategic change.
We target Colorado based industrial, consumer products, manufacturing, and business service firms with less than $10 million enterprise value. We believe this market segment is the most under served and represents an area where we can make the most contribution as a partner.
SIZE AND LOCATION:
• Revenues of up to $20 million
• EBITDA of up to $3 million
• Headquartered in Colorado or ability to relocate
• Business and consumer services
• Manufacturing and distribution
• Consumer staples and food
• Real estate, construction, and building products
• Minerals and mining
• No biotech or software
• Generational transfer
• Succession plan
• Need for growth capital and expertise
• Disposition of product line or local branch
• Revenue generating
• Growth business
• Underperforming compared to peer group
• Past product prototype (i.e. not just an idea)